Welcome to Episode 02! In the next three episodes – Before, During, and After Your Talk – we will focus on strategies that can help you overcome your nerves and improve your public speaking skills. We share simple, practical, and new tools that you can use to dramatically improve your public speaking. To develop individual techniques in one-on-one coaching, contact Julia or Nakul via their pages on this website.
In this episode, you’ll learn how to:
- Pause, and punctuate your talk, as you can only talk when you are breathing out!
- Think in terms of what you WANT INSTEAD of what you do NOT want.
- Channel your nervous energy into enthusiasm as successful speakers and performers do.
- Prepare and practice your script until you memorise it.
- Get into the powerful states of Confidence, Passion, and Enthusiasm leading up to your talk by altering your body just before.
Links and Resources mentioned in this episode:
- TED talk by Amy Cuddy http://blog.ted.com/2014/09/23/amy-cuddy-power-poses-through-pop-culture/